Mission Statement: Protecting Animal Welfare & Safety through rescuing, sheltering, adoption, education and population management.
Tanner’s P.A.W.S., Inc. has adopted the NO-KILL model and has an animal shelter located in Corning, New York. Our goal is to care for all of our adoptable dogs in foster homes, if possible. Our shelter is used only in emergency situations. Caring for dogs in foster homes allows us to get to know the dog better and therefore place he or she in the best-fit forever home, one that best matches the dog’s needs.
Tanner’s P.A.W.S., Inc. was created in 2012 with the first Board meeting on March 13, 2012. At that time, the Board of Directors was selected and officers were appointed. Tanner’s P.A.W.S. was named after Tanner, a very special 4-legged child, who we lost on March 4, 2011 from cancer.
The goals of Tanner’s P.A.W.S.:
1) To become a community based animal rescue and animal education organization
2) Population management (spaying/neutering & education)
3) To provide a safe and loving environment until placement is found
4) To provide quality medical care and nutrition
5) To provide socialization, exercise, & behavioral training
6) To make the adoption process easy, affordable, fun & rewarding
Click HERE to download our brochure